What is A3EAI
A3EAI is a general-purpose AI spawning manger designed specifically for ArmA 3 Epoch and its unique features, built from a heavily modified version of DZAI 2.2.1. "A3EAI" simply stands for "ArmA 3 Epoch AI".
What's new about A3EAI
A3EAI is intended to be a near-total redesign of DZAI in terms of how the three major AI spawning systems (Static, Dynamic, and Random) work together. In DZAI, the 3 systems worked mostly in isolation: Static AI was for cities and towns, dynamic was for everywhere else, and random were simply placed in random locations.
A3EAI seeks to change things up by using "zero-configuration heterogeneous spawning system" that lets all three major spawning systems to work together as one. Instead of having manual static spawn definitions for each city, town, etc, A3EAI will place a single spawn area at each city/town/etc directly. The upgraded dynamic and random AI spawning systems will fill in the gaps by spawning AI wherever necessary. AI group sizes, skill levels, and to a certain extent, loadouts, will be assigned to suit the location - small villages will have the lowest level AI, with larger cities having tougher AI. "Remote" areas such as factories and military bases will have the highest difficulty AI.
- Automatically-generated static AI spawns: A3EAI will spawn an AI group at various named locations on the map if players are nearby.
- Dynamic AI spawns: A3EAI will create ambient threat in the area for each player by periodically spawning AI to create unexpected ambush encounters. These AI may occasionally seek out and hunt a player.
- Random AI spawns: A3EAI will create spawns that are randomly placed around the map and are periodically relocated. These spawns are preferentially created in named locations, but may be also created anywhere in the world.
- Air and land vehicle AI: AI patrol in vehicles around the map, looking for players to hunt down. Cars and trucks may roam the road, and helicopters (or jets) search the skies for players. Helicopters with available cargo space may also occasionally deploy an AI group by parachute.
- Custom AI spawns: Users may also define custom infantry and vehicle AI spawns at specified locations.
- Adaptive classname system: A3EAI reads Epoch's loot tables to find items that AI can use, such as weapons and equipment. Users may also choose to manually specify classnames to use instead.
- Error-checking ability: A3EAI checks config files for errors upon startup. If errors are found, A3EAI will use backup settings and continue operating as normal.
- Classname verification: A3EAI filters out invalid or banned classnames and prevents them from being used by AI.
- Universal map support: A3EAI supports any and every map for Arma 3 without changing any settings.
- Plug-and-play installation: Installing and upgrading A3EAI is a simple copy and paste job and does not require modifying any Epoch files.
- Easy configuration: A single configuration file contains all settings for A3EAI. This config file is external to the A3EAI pbo, so configuration changes can be made without ever having to unpack or repack the pbo file.
Quick start guide
- How to download and install A3EAI:
- How to configure A3EAI settings:
- How to add custom AI infantry patrols, custom AI vehicle patrols, and blacklist areas (for dynamic/random spawns) using the A3EAI Editor Tool: